Mumbai - An Addiction

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mistaken Weekend

Weekends are undeniably the source of the greatest joy for entire peer-group and more. It would be unfair to say we live much hassled lives; yet, this little recurring joy is a blessing we look forward to everyday.

One of things about weekend is the freedom to wear casuals at work on Friday which heralds every weekend. Jeans, as long as they are not those tattered denims worn by traditional cowboys while they shepherd yaks and bulls, and T-shirts (no profane slogans on them) is the standard attire. And I donned them and walked into office with a beaming smile one Friday.

Only, it was a Thursday. Oops!

No one made a big deal or asked me to go home and change. Yet, I had to face snickers of colleagues throughout the day for being so over-eager for Friday. But that in no ways diminished the elation that I had left home with.

I felt all the more delighted since I was the only one strutting around in my sneakers and almost felt like pointing and laughing at those tie-wielding suffocated souls around me. And perhaps it was because I was an exception that I realized why one is actually better off wearing formals to work. It got me thinking on how much our clothes affect how we feel. I don’t suppose that offices discourage casuals to work to be a sadistic killjoy. But they’d want their people to feel sharp more than joyous. There is no harm in people feeling happy and relaxed. But if that comes at a cost of becoming casual, that is not acceptable.

So perhaps I would love to wear casuals every day. But after that day, I probably will grumble lesser about wearing formals on regular weekdays.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Himanshu at 6:23 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home